Birch Grove Schoolhouse Weekend
White Cloud, MI
July 26-28, 2019
Come Hike the North Country Trail and Stay at the Birch Grove Schoolhouse for both nights
More than a century old, the refurbished schoolhouse in White Cloud, Michigan, is managed by the Western Michigan Chapter of the NCTA. The schoolhouse is a perfect base for exploring the NCT in the Huron-Manistee National Forest. It served as the first headquarters for the NCTA in the early 1980’s. The Schoolhouse also marks the halfway point on the North Country Trail between Crown Point, NY and Lake Sakakawea, ND.
Located on a spur trail just 1.7 miles from the NCT, on the corner of 5 Mile Rd. and Felch Ave. north of White Cloud, the Birch Grove Schoolhouse makes an excellent base for groups to discover this recreational treasure. It serves as a home away from home for those of us who aren’t lucky enough to have the NCT in our backyard.
Facilities at the Schoolhouse include:
• Kitchen Area: double sink, refrigerator, microwave, stove with oven, 30, 12, and 4-cup coffee pots, dishes, cookware, utensils.
• 6 tables, 25+ chairs
• 3 rollaways, 12 mattresses
• Rest Rooms: 1 indoor bathroom with sink and shower, 1 outhouse.
• Outdoors: Large grill, 2 long picnic tables, fire pit with benches and a spacious backyard for tent camping
You will need to bring:
• Your own bedding or sleeping bag, tent if you plan to stay in the backyard
• Your own toiletries and towels
• Food and Drinks, suggest to bring a cooler as well.
Cost: $30 per person ($35 on Meetup), cost covers the 2 nights stay at the Schoolhouse
Participants is responsible for their own transportation (including any parking fees) and meals.
Maximum number of participants is 20
For more information contact:
3980 N Felch Ave
3980 N Felch Ave
White Cloud, MI, US, 49349