Membership meetings are a great place to learn about upcoming trips and classes, meet members and get more involved in our adventurous organization!
- Updates on trips and activities, certificates for those who recently completed classes.
- Sign up for classes, trips, and activities.
- Special programs, such as a speaker from a community organization, a slide show or an interactive program like a drum circle or training tips for hikers.
Non-members are welcome to attend these meetings to learn more about SOLAR. There is no charge to attend monthly meetings.
Membership meetings are the last Tuesday of each month at 7:00 pm, except December.
- If Livonia Public Schools are closed due to inclement weather the SOLAR meeting will be cancelled that day.
St. Paul’s Presbyterian Church, 27475 Five Mile Road, Livonia, MI, just west of Inkster Road.
- We meet downstairs, in the basement social hall.
- SOLAR is not a religious organization and has no religious affiliation.
- Click here for a map.
Please contact us with any questions about the member meetings.
After the Meeting:
SOLAR members are welcome to gather after the meeting, for fellowship and to continue discussing adventures. Many people go to Sandy’s by the Beech bar & restaurant, on the southwest corner of Five Mile and Beech Daly Road, just one mile east of where we meet at St. Paul’s.
Note that Sandy’s takes only cash, not credit cards. However, they do have an ATM inside the restaurant for customer convenience.