Due to COVID, all in-person meetings are suspended until further nothing. We are holding monthly Zoom Meetings and if you are a member, you should receive a text and/or email with a meeting link.
Membership meetings are a great place to learn about upcoming activities and educational opportunities, meet members and get more involved in our adventurous organization!
- Updates on trips and activities, certificates for those who recently completed educational workshops.
- Sign up for activities and educational opportunities.
- Special programs, such as a speaker from a community organization, a slide show or an interactive program like a drum circle or training tips for hikers.
Non-members are welcome to attend these meetings to learn more about SOLAR. There is no charge to attend monthly meetings.
Membership meetings are the last Tuesday of each month at 7:00 pm, except December.
- If Livonia Public Schools are closed due to inclement weather the SOLAR meeting will be cancelled that day.
Normally our meetings would be at St. Paul’s Presbyterian Church, 27475 Five Mile Road, Livonia, MI, just west of Inkster Road.
- We meet downstairs, in the basement social hall.
- SOLAR is not a religious organization and has no religious affiliation.
- If Livonia Public Schools are closed due to inclement weather the Solar meeting will be cancelled that day.
- Click here for a map.
Due to COVID, all in-person meetings are suspended until further notice. We are holding monthly zoom meetings and if you are a member, you should receive a text and/or email with the meeting link.
Please contact us with any questions about the member meetings. If you are a new to Solar, please let us know so that you can receive the link.
After the Meeting: (SUSPENDED until we can meet again in person)
SOLAR members are welcome to gather after the meeting, for fellowship and to continue discussing adventures. Many people go to Sandy’s by the Beech bar & restaurant, on the southwest corner of Five Mile and Beech Daly Road, just one mile east of where we meet at St. Paul’s.
Note that Sandy’s takes only cash, not credit cards. However, they do have an ATM inside the restaurant for customer convenience.