This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Jennifer Tislerics 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

• Author
     Jennifer Tislerics 
    Participant

Usually on backpacking trips I’ve carried a Nalgene bottle and a couple of hardier plastic 1/2 liter bottles (like you get at any gas station, but stiffer plastic). On longer trips I might use a 1.5 liter plastic bottle, too.

I recently did a day-hike and a short trip with a new gadget – it turns a regular water bottle (with a small mouth) into a hydration bladder, complete with bite-valve. I really liked it! I find I drink more water when it’s super convenient to do so. I can drink while using trekking poles in both hands. Love that! Unfortunately, DutchWareGear.com has stopped selling them. Hopefully someone else does – I haven’t checked Amazon, yet.

Jennifer Tislerics 
    Participant

Update: My water bottle converter has a leak! Basically it’s separating at a seam. I’m not sure that any sort of food-grade glue will hold it. Anyone have any leads on replacing it?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

©2019 SOLAR Outdoors Club

or

Forgot your details?